Github Pages is a jekyll blogging host.
Create a new repo named
username.github.io and push a jekyll site into it.
It’ll be rendered and published in a few seconds (some times minutes)
In order to write, You need only
git and an editor.
jekyll and ruby isn’t necessary installed locally.
Write, commit, push!
- jekyll docs are through and well written.
- editor specific scripts and snippets for page headers and file-name editing are available :metal: (on the interwebs)
- post filename must contain date (2016-01-01-resolutions.md)
- liquid (workaround by setting up autocomplete)
- there is no
- Github Pages does not support tags/categories. workaround: How To Use Tags And Categories On GitHub Pages Without Plugins
- Not using jekyll locally means no preview and Github page build failure email notification is not instant
using rbenv, jekyll plugins or octopress